This Saturday 1 April will start with Wagner (including harp), then move onto covering the sections from the Babies Proms concert repertoire.
This Saturday is the last rehearsal before the Term 1 holiday break. There will be no rehearsals on 8, 15, & 22 April due to Easter, school holidays, and Anzac Day long weekend.
You’re sounding great so far in rehearsals so keep up the practice over the holidays!
The first rehearsal back after holiday break (April 29) will be a dedicated Babies Proms rehearsal (no harp required). Peter Moore will be there as MC with Dale conducting to practice the show with you. All players involved in the performances must please attend this rehearsal (unless organised absence prior), so you are prepared for the following weekend. Don’t forget those who are preparing a short demo for their instrument.
Babies Proms concerts are on Saturday 6 & 7 May. Philharmonic will be performing at Perth College on these days (so don’t go to WAAPA). The other ensembles (WAYO, Camerata, Collegium, Sinfonietta, Flute Choir) will still be rehearsing as normal on Saturday 6 May for any parents that have children in multiple ensembles.
Please be reminded of some rehearsal etiquette.
- Please don’t chat when the conductor is speaking. It is very rude, and you should be listening to the conductor to hear what notes they have. Even if they are not speaking to your section, the information about articulation, rhythm, or style might still relate to your parts.
- Play with good posture (don’t slump or cross your legs). Not only will this save you forming injuries, your sound and technique will be better if you sit correctly.
- Please don’t use your phone during rehearsal, unless in case of emergency. If it is an emergency, then you should also be notifying the Operations Assistants at rehearsal.
- Remember your 2B pencil.
- Keep up the good work of arriving at rehearsal by at least 8:50am so you can set and warm up before rehearsal.
- If you need to leave during rehearsal, please notify the Operations staff and your section with the reason.
- If you are going to be absent, don’t forget to email me with your reason for absence so it can be passed on to the conductor and your section.