Information for the concert weekend!
Saturday 30 September – Rehearsal – casual clothes
- Callaway Auditorium 9am – 12pm
- Rehearsal order
- Pomp and Circumstance
- These 3 pieces above will be rehearsed between 9 – 10/10:15am. Tchaikovsky players please be ready by 10am in case we go on straight away.
- Tchaikovsky – Mvt 4, then 1, 2, 3
Sunday 1 October – rehearsal and concert – All Black concert dress for both
- Perth Concert Hall 10am – 12:30pm
- PLEASE WEAR CONCERT CLOTHES FOR THE REHEARSAL. Photos of the orchestra will be taken.
- Rehearsal order is in concert order.
Please arrive in plenty of time to be ready if you are not required for all pieces.
- No open drink containers onstage please, only containers with lids. WATER ONLY PLEASE.
- Double basses please BYO stool.
- Cellos, basses, trombones, tuba – you can unpack your instruments backstage. There will be much more room for you to unpack your instruments back there.
- The green room will be reserved for the Pipes & Drum Band.
- Orchestra can use the orchestral tearoom (main room), dressing rooms, star rooms to unpack/warm up in. Please avoid unpacking and leaving cases in the walkways.
- Entry to PCH will be through stage door. This is accessible via the driveway between the Duxton Hotel and PCH, off St Georges Terrace. The main foyer is not open in the mornings so you can only get in through the backstage gates.
- Please sign in to the WAYO attendance sheet for the morning and evening.
- Everyone please be out of PCH by 12:45pm. No one is allowed to stay onsite. You may leave your instruments backstage. The venue will be locked between.
Concert at Perth Concert Hall
The concert order is:
- Scotland The Brave
- Fanfare Drumming
- Horner Braveheart
- Elgar Pomp and Circumstance
- MacLean The Gael
- Mendelssohn Hebrides Overture
- Highland Cathedral
- Interval – 20 minutes
- Tchaikovsky Symphony No.4
- Backstage and onstage is open from 4pm.
- Concert call is 4:30pm. Be ready warmed up and individually tuned by 4:45pm.
- The house opens at 4:30pm. Full concert attire must be worn onstage after this time.
- Concert dress is All Black.
- Concert start is 5pm.
- The concert is scheduled to finish around 7pm.
- At the end of the concert, please close your music folder. This saves us so much time packing up. THANKYOU!
- You may take group photos onstage after the concert, once clearance given by the stage manager to go back on.
- Please keep the dock area backstage clear so percussion can easily pack away after the concert.